Re: [Chrysler300] Distributor rebuild - where?

Re: [Chrysler300] Distributor rebuild - where?

Hi John & all

I am running a Pertronix unit on my 300C, doesn't seem to be any noticeable
difference in idle or performance. Haven't checked the dwell, just installed
the Pertronix and put a timing light on the crank. I thought the main
reason for correct dwell angle was to take the heat away from the
points....stop them burning out? Does it also effect ignition timing? Can
you compensate by turning, advancing/retarding the distributor? Could it
just be flogged distributor bushes causing problems on some cars with
Pertronix systems?
As you can see I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to distributors.....so go
easy on me ok.
What are the symptons I should be looking for??Don't much like changing
points, but if it makes more power.......

Owen