Re: [Chrysler300] Chrysler paints...

I agree, the high heat paint is really not any more durable than regular enamels from what I've seen. If the engine is prepped well, the non-heat resistant paint will withstand the normal engine temperatures for many years without flaking and peeling. There are lots of custom car builders that have painted the engine with the same paint they paint the frame, suspension, and body and under average driving conditions the product stands up just as well as a high heat aerosol engine paint. What usually causes paint to flake off is poor prep work(ie. oils, silicones, etc are not cleaned off) or the engine is exposed to adverse conditions like cold rain water on a hot engine.