More Fan Clearance

Hi All,
Thanks for all the advice. I'm glad I posted before I put the wrenches to
the car. I realize now if I tried to remove the fan with the radiator in the
car I would never be able to get it out with out damaging something. When I
put the clutch and fan in the car the radiator was out of the car.

Being that I was building this car as a daily driver I've tried to update
some things. Before I rebuilt the top end of my engine I had alot of
tempeture control problems, the car didn't do good in traffic, not a good
thing here in Los Angeles. I bought an aftermarket heavy duty thermally
activated fan clutch. I thought they were pretty much universal. I haven't
had any tempeture since then. But I think what truely solved the problem was
changing the old timing chain that had an extreme amount of slack. It's
amazing what proper timing and exhaust valves that actually seal, can do for
engine performance.

I may just put on the old fan clutch if I can't find a replacement. I think
it probably works fine. I'll just have another $80 paperweight to put with my
other expensive paperweights. One day it's need will arise.

Thanks again,
Sean Duggan