Re: [Chrysler300] Car does not want to start

Re: [Chrysler300] Car does not want to start

Ok, I'll throw out a few suggestions. Make sure you have sufficient fuel pressure, after cranking the engine a few times check your float bowls to ensure there is fuel inside. If you get a good squirt from the jets it's a good indication you have fuel(at least enough to start it)

Check your wiring, make sure you have a spark when cranking. An old spark plug can be usefull for this.(If it is your balast resister as someone else suggested, you can bypass the balast temporarily) I'm not sure about the earlier cars but I've found Neutral safety switch wires can be a problem as well.

Check your compression, ensure you have adequate compression for the engine to fire up.

I'm assuming the engine ran ok once you managed to get it running? If it did you can almost rule out a bad timing chain but it doesn't hurt to check it. A really loose timing chain can cause you real problems and unless the car has had a replacement recently it never hurts to change them.

Good Luck.

MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_advancedjmf_3mf