Re: [Chrysler300] Damper Install

Hi Matt,

Does Orchard Supply Hardware still have 3/4-16 threaded rod? I
haven't been near one since I moved from Sunnyvale to the middle of nowhere,
but I hear they have gone to the dogs since Sears took them over. Anyway,
go look.

Somewhere, buy a 3 foot length of that rod and some 3/4-16 nuts and
3/4 washers. Thread the rod into the end of the crankshaft and use the
washer and a nut to pull the damper onto the crankshaft. I cut off a length
of that rod in my lathe and locked together two nuts on the end to make a
more convenient length, but you could get by with the whole rod or use a
hacksaw. Be sure to oil the crankshaft and inside the damper -- Mobil 1
15/50 works fine. Which is what the engine has had in it since it was rebuilt.

Kurt

Kurt Greske ( kurt_greske@xxxx )