Copperstate 1000

>2) Saw excerpts of 2002 Copperstate 1000 Rallye on Speed
> Channel yesterday. Briefly showed a participants white 300D.
> Member's car???
>
>Jeff Miklas

That is the first 300 I have know to be in the rally although some member
posted seeing one last year on I40. I have not kept track of the event
through the years although it does pass through here every year.

If you caught the dialog, the AZ DPS escorts the event. On the open highway,
away from municipal agencies, speed you run is your option. I remember
seeing one Ford Pinto veteran restored race car and a great number of very
valuable Ferraris etc. The event is high level catered but it must be a
major hoot to run fast legally with the calibre of race cars in that group.
Phoenix Art Museum has a web site. Maybe someone will pop up and fill us in
on 300 participation.