GAS TANK

Hi Ed,

I don't believe that there is such a thing as a repop gas tank for a '57 -
or for a '60 , or any of our 300's. If I am wrong, someone please correct
me. I also really need a '57 gas tank in real good condition ( for a Club
member friend - hi, Danny! ) . Anyone have one ?

Ed, if your tank is just dirty, or scaly, or full of crap, the way to go is
to drop the tank, flush it out, rinse it out real good with a solid stream
of hot water... I have used a pressure washer inserted in both openings.
Then get yourself a POR-15 gas tank sealer kit from RestoMotive Labs., P. O.
Box 1235, Morristown, NJ, 07962-1235. 1-800-457-6715. Fax 201-887-8007.
http://www.por-15.com/

Follow the directions - use the prep solution, let it dry good ( I use an
electric hair dryer and run it for an hour or so attached to the gas tank
filler tube) . Then put in the sealer, slosh it around so it covers all
areas, and drain out the excess. (use gloves !!! ) . Let sit for 5 days and
reinstall.

This stuff is amazing - it will seal pinholes, it will seal in whatever
flaky rust there might remain , and it will renew the inside of your tank to
last forever ! I have used it many times always with A-1 results - even on
some VERY crappy tanks !

Again - anyone have a good, spare '57 tank with no dents or external damage
?

Good luck

John