Re: [Chrysler300] GAS TANK

Re pop gas tank for early Mopars. I wish. Ed, you thinkin 57 Chev, (just kidding). I agree w/ John. There are no reproductions. You can scour the w. yards. All Chryslers are the same. Maybe DeSoto, Dodge may also be same. Imperial not. I paid $100 a year ago for decent tank for my C. This reminds me of my comment on the list serve a couple of weeks ago. The in tank fuel filter is often over looked. If you had a new one you would not have all the sludge in fuel filters at carbs. The problem is a dirty tank will then plug the in tank filter as they are very fine mesh. They are made of a fine plastic mesh and with age become brittle and can collapse and split open to let all the crud go to the filters.
If your tank is not damaged you should do the POR treatment. They make a kit to clean and seal the interior of the tank. Spend a week end, take it out. clean it up. Do it right. I have the in tank filters, fuel sender and filer tube seals in stock. If you can not locate near you let me know if I can help.

Gary, The Parts Doc