Re: [Chrysler300] Lifter lash

>minimum/maximum value, typically .060" to .120"(If I remember correctly)
>This is the desired range of measurement to allow the hydraulic lifters to
>function correctly. Each cylinder should have, ideally the same measurement
>to have a smooth idle & quiet operation. The person who did your valve job
>should have set the "valve height" when he did the job, which is to grind
>the end of the valve stems off until they are all the same height compared
>to each other.

I have run into a number of supposedly knowledgeable 'engine' types that did
not know how to check/correct this very important clearance.

Only thing I might add is that where out of tolerance clearance(s) is
encountered, in my experiences, this has been correctible by selective
fitting push rod lengths. Stem height is very important. Clearance is a
function of deck height, cam shaft base circle, lifter height, cylinder head
height, rocker arm ratio, wear in rocker shaft and rockers, rocker shafts
center line above head and push rod length.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ