Re: [Chrysler300] Help

Phil,
When you bleed the brakes do you get a good squirt of fluid under pressure and notice the fluid level drop in the master cylinder as you bleed? If not check the 2 holes in the bottom of the master to see if they are plugged The larger hole alows fluid to refill the cylinder when you pump the brakes; the small one keeps pressure from building up from heat in the engine compartment.
Some cars have either an adjustable pushrod or a different application might use a longer or shorter pushrod. Try suctioning the fluid out and watch to see if the piston and cup are coming back far enough to clear the larger hole when the pedal is not depressed then have someone slowly push the pedal down while you watch for the cup to close the large hole before the pedal moves far. Sometimes the small hole is plugged and creates an air lock that prevents gravity from refilling the cylinder. Light air pressure is messy but effective, but a straightened out paper clip also works if you are careful not to push hard enough to puncture the cup. It probably would be best to rebuild it but by checking piston travel while it is still on the car you will know whether the pushrod length is ok.
OK Bob

Phil Greenfeld <pgreen413@xxxx> wrote:O.K. I am having a problem with my brakes on my K.
The Master Cylinder is not leaking,It is holding plenty of brake fluid
I have bled the brakes 5 times each wheel, and still the pedal goes to
the floor. The wheel Cylinders are not leaking either. can anyone
help me?? I can't keep wasting my time this project. I need to get the
car
running and STOPPING so I can get it out of the storage facility and
save
me some money!!!
Thanks,
Phil