Re: [Chrysler300] Valve Gapping

--

>--on the subject of "feel", how tightly should the rockers grab the feeler
gauge? Should the feeler be coated with oil for each measure?

>Are "stepped" ("go, no-go") gauges the way to go?

Well, now that you mention it (and I should have), IMHO stepped gauges are
very helpful. I got mine from Snap-On and they are the type with a
detachable handle; one bent handle and a set of go-no go gauges which I have
found is a handy configuration over the multi-leaf fold out straight tool
(especially exhaust valves on a '55). Properly used (which is easy), stepped
gauges should desirably narrow clearance variations across a valve train.
Even if variations of .003 to .004 across a valve train are not your
particular concern, stepped gauges will speed the job by a bunch.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ