DoorHandle removal

Thanks to all for the great help. I managed to get the darn things off
using a mirror to see behind the handle, and a tool I made from an old
screwdriver. Now that the door panels are off, I can figure out why when I
raise the drivers side window, the passengers window goes down! The car was
rewired for 12 volts, and not a good job. The gauges only work when the
dome light is switched on. Maybe my 55 was built in England.