Certified Milestone vehicle question

"One thing to remember is that all letter cars are certified Milestone vehicles, no matter how they are optioned out."
Can someone explan what a "Certified Milestone" vehicle is?
Thanks
Dave Moore
64-300K HT
64-300 Silver Edition (2, one for parts)
64-300K Convert wanna-be!!

Kelly Pierce <jkrestor300@xxxx> wrote:Sean-
You hit a raw nerve for some I am sure! Not so much for me but a nerve
none the less. Chrysler made a decision in 1963 to boost sales of the Letter
300 in 64 model year- that was to make many of the previously standard
equipment item options on the K model. My hardtop is loaded much as the
previous years- Leather, power windows, seat, antenna, Air, tinted windows,
heavy duty suspension and brakes etc. However it has items that were not
available in previous years- Tilt steering, head rests, am/fm(might have
been a J option). My K convertible is just the opposite- the only option on
this car is leather interior, No power seat, windows, antenna, no air, no
tilt, NO OUTSIDE MIRRORS, in other words possibly the cheapest K convertible
built. The market was changing- smaller cars with big engines, etc. were
taking sales away from the Letter cars. The K lost the 150 speedo, 15"
wheels but one could still get rams and the available Chrysler built 4
speed! As far as how it handles- well it depends on much - condition of
steering and suspension, size and condition of tires(15" highly recommended
for the size, weight and power of the car).
What defines this as a Letter Car? Drivetrain not available on other
Chryslers, the trim, and the serial number. It may not be a C, F or G, as
those were very easy to identify as a letter car, it was 62 that made the
H,J,K and L harder to identify due to the "sport 300" looking almost
identical(especially to the general buying public) in appearance, the H and
sport in 62 being the best example of that- from the outside the only
difference is a small H emblem on the deck lid and 15" wheel covers that
were different than the 14" ones on the sport. Of course the interior was
quite different for the H as well as the engine. However as options the
sport could get as much horse power as the H.
One thing to remember is that all letter cars are certified Milestone
vehicles, no matter how they are optioned out. That is something many of the
cars you see at shows cannot say.
Buy it if you can get a good price- and if it is a good restorable car.
Many of the parts are the same on the sport 300 and with thousands of those
built even now 39 years later parts are out there.Not knowing where you are,
I can't say if I would be interested or not. I try to buy all the K's I can
if close and priced right.Two I bought went to California, one to be used to
fix a a/c ram car that I had that went with it. The third one I had was a
rusted hardtop w/ a good drivetrain that was a organ donor for the convert
and then to Freman's.
Sorry I rattled on so long, but I am a dyed in the wool K fanatic and
I am as passionate about my K's as those with the earlier letter cars.
Joe Pierce 300Kx2 plus others