Re: [Chrysler300] Certified Milestone vehicle question

"D. Moore" wrote:

> "One thing to remember is that all letter cars are certified Milestone
> vehicles, no matter how they are optioned out."
> Can someone explan what a "Certified Milestone" vehicle is?
> Thanks
> Dave Moore

Well, as a member of the Milestone Car Society back in the 70's I guess
I'll take a stab at this.

I used to live near the Indianapolis Motor Speedway track. One weekend in
74 or 75 I was driving home from Indianapolis Raceway Park and happened to
be passing the 500 Motel. There were a LOT of neat older cars there that
weekend. I didnt know what was going on so I stopped and checked things out.
I Happened across the registration table and some nice lady asked me if I was
interested. I hemed and hawed a little bit, so she asked me if I had a
"Milestone" car, I replied I do not know, so she asked me just what did I
have, I told her I had an old Chrysler 300-C, she says "Congratulations"
You have a Milestone Car, want to join, want to bring it over and show it off?

Turns out they recognize "Milestone" cars based on 5 major criteria, (from what
I remember), they are; Engineering, performance, style, and 2 others. I would
have to dig deap into some boxes to locate the old material to discover the
other 2 items.
The Membership VOTES on cars OR a particular series of cars based on the years
that are proposed for membership. That is the first time I truly realized the
specialness of the car I had bought back in 1970.

AND YES, I had a total BLAST the rest of the weekend, even if all the rust and
unrestored areas of my car were NOT fixed. She had lived maybe 18 years outdoors
in Indiana and it showed. But she sat proudly amongest a LOT of nice cars,
Darins,
Rolls, some Bentlys, some fords, some Hudsons, some Studabakers, and the FIRST
other Letter car owner I met, a nice older Couple that had driven their black
C300
from AZ to Indy for the Milestone Society Grand National.

Many years ( maybe 23+ ) later it was a nice eyeopener for my boys who were
tagging along with me to the spring Hoosier Swaps, the Milestone folks were
having thier event at the swaps and the lady at the front desk remembered
my name and asked about my car.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6