A/C Fan - reply

Hi Matt and Jennie,

Based on your question, it is apparent to me that you are talking about an
a/c car. Only those had the "push-pull" type of blower motor speed control.
You say: "when pulling stops affecting the fan " . What exactly does that
mean ? That the fan no longer works at all, or that it is stuck on low
speed, or high speed, or what ?

Anyway, whatever problem you do have, I very very much doubt it is due to a
bad switch at the push-pull control. These are not known to go bad.. (of
course, anything is possible). What you will need to do is : get out your
service manual, study the schematic, and do some probing / testing to see
where the problem is ! Could be a bad blower motor, connection, switch,
fuse, could be anything... you need to get out your voltmeter and, starting
at blower motor and working your way back, check for current... obviously,
if you have juice going to the motor, and it doesn't work, then it's a bad
motor ! Time to head to your local Peterbilt dealer...

John