300B Transmission

Hi folks,
Am I lucky or not? Got a call from a man who wanted to sell me a
torqueflite transmission. Told me the trans was for a 300C because this was
written on the top. Went there today to check this out. But the number
didn't match the original 300C trans, BUT it had the number #182359!!!!!
So, now I don't know what to do, should I put this trans in to my C or not?
Any suggestions? Or anyone interested to trade this trans for a #1854123.
Matts Wignell
3N571317
Sweden