Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission Leak help

Re: [Chrysler300] Transmission Leak help

>That's why when I bring an old car to a mechanic to work on, I've already
>diagnosed the problem and have the replacement part sitting on the front
>seat. All they have to do is install it.
>
>Ron

There are shops that will let customers bring in their own parts. Part of
the legitimate income for an automotive repair facility comes from the
selling of parts. There might well be an adjustment in the labor charge to
off set this loss in the case where the customer brings in his own 'steak
and eggs' and asks the shop to cook them.

Where we run into difficulty with this scenario is in who pays when
something goes wrong with the part or in the customer derived diagnosis?

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ