Re: [Chrysler300] P&G Valve Gapper

>Here is a link that puts the P&G capabilities into perspective:
>
>http://www.dragracingonline.com/technical/camsession/ii_4.html
>
>Read the last part for the ultimate conclusions.
>
>George

This is a very interesting article. The story does provide some answer to
the posted question of late concerning solid lifter valve train clearances
and what will happen if clearances are varied up/down a couple of thou.

If the intent is to measure valve clearance down to .002 in. tolerances,
some accurate means of measuring must be used. In some cases, a step blade
feeler gauge, I think, will work quite well. However, valve train components
do wear and this will make the flat gauge (and especially the single blade
thickness) method of setting valve clearances not as accurate as the travel
method utilized by the P&G gapper. I have seen some applications where this
device did what very careful flat gauge work wouldn't.

Warren Anderson
Sedona,AZ