'58 Bendix EFI

The "35 produced" number seems to always stick around and is probably verifiable somewhere. Of that 21 were Chrysler 300Ds and the rest were scattered between DeSoto and Dodge. I don't recall hearing that any Plymouths were factory so-equipped. Within this club, the best known car and owner having two EFI units was Bob Dupin and that was a case of finding the two units long after the car had been retrofitted at the factory. One of Bob's units was the Bendix display assembly as seen in the few existing factory photos that show up in books and publications. Of course Sherwood Kahlenburg has three EFI D hardtop cars and says they will all 3 run on EFI one of these days. One EFI '58 DeSoto Adventurer convertible is owned by one of our members. He found a DeSoto EFI a couple of months ago and the car is now running with it on. One EFI Dodge is known to exist as found in a gully by one of the Forwardlook list members about 3 years ago in tough condition but with EFI intact. I believe he may still be doing research on that car.

Wayne