California Members

Have you heard of Senate bill ?SB 708?
(One of our members brought it up several weeks ago.)

? It cancels the smog test exemptions of SB 42, which exempted 1973 and older
cars from the requirement for smog testing. The new bill will require a smog
test every two years until these cars are 45 years old.

? The bill is scheduled for a vote around the 25th of this month and if
passed, will go into effect Jan, 1 2005. Take a look at
http://www.smogrfg.com? for more information.

? If you would spend hours and days and miles to get a PART for your car,
consider 10 or 15 minutes to contact your senator and save your WHOLE car.

Chuck
San Jose, Ca.