Re: [Chrysler300] Ignition wires 101 - resistance?

Re: [Chrysler300] Ignition wires 101 - resistance?

Mike,

Lower resistance in the plug wires does not necessarily mean ''better''
spark, but you might say it provides ''longer'' spark. The higher
resistance wires provide a longer spark duration, which is beneficial in
many engines and has been in use now for quite a long time. My advice is to
use the same type wire the manufacturer used originally. I believe at least
the earlier letter cars had traditional stranded copper wire core, and I
just put a set from Andy Bernbaum in my 'C.' But I'd welcome input from
others as to whether this type wire was original with these cars.

Park Waldrop
C cpe - Atlanta