AAMCO Transmissions for Mopars

I used to own an AAMCO dealership here in California and I would like to add
something to the mix here. When purchasing a rebuilt unit you have the choice
of several warranties available when you get one at AAMCO. It used to be that
you could get a warranty that would last as long as the car did and the
original owner. I do not know if that is still the case. I know at one time
they were going to drop it. It makes sense if your vehicle is a classic 300
or the like and get a warranty like that, paying the additional amount.
Likewise, the AAMCO dealer network is all over the country, so if something
goes wrong you will be near a shop that can fix it. They use the same parts
as any Chrysler dealer would and sometimes even better when they have to
warrant the thing for a long time. I would check out that situation and see
if the lifetime warranty still exists. I sold my shop in 1981 and have not
kept up with their policies. Quentin Smith