Re: [Chrysler300] NEW 300C from Chrysler!

Re: [Chrysler300] NEW 300C from Chrysler!

Hi all:

Now ya'll don't expect the designers to come up with something resembling
past 300 letter cars when they do not even know what they are.

A couple of years ago, I went to the Auto Show in Los Angeles. I wore a
sweat shirt with the 300F emblem painted on the front. I went up to
Chrysler's sales desk and the first thing some salesman asked me was, "Is
that a Mercedes?" I chewed his posterior out for not knowing the history of
his product. I went around to other sales persons and not one of them knew
what an early 300 letter car was, even though there were hundreds of pictures
of letter cars making up a collage to advertise the 300M.

I would suspect that none of the designers were even in diapers when the
last letter car was produced. I see pictures all the time of design teams
for the Japanese cars in newspapers and magazines and none of them appear to
be out of their 20's or early 30's.

So, how would one expect the design of a modern letter car to be anything
other than folowing the lines of the look-a-like cars on the road today. The
ony car I see on the raod today that even gives a hint of yesterday is the
Thunderbird. I can visualize the '55-'57 Birds in the new design.

So, get you ass in gear Daimler!!!! Give us an appropriate design.

Enough fer now!

Dan Reitz
Northridge, CA
300F