FOUND: 62 "New Yorker" in NJ Yard

Hi all,

I took the day off yesterday to go to the NY Auto Show and of course, my
second past time, go ³yardin². At my local yard (GI Auto Salvage in
Parsippany New Jersey RT 46w) there is a 4 door Chrylser New Yorker. Its in
?decent¹ shape and apparently runs. I think its a 383. It has a post
between the front and rear doors, red and white interior (seat cover on
front) and looks complete...but definitely not restored. A #4 car.

The funny thing is it has a bulldog hood ornament..and someone ?fixed¹ the
rear taillights. Not unlike the ³de-finned² 61 300 that John H worked
on..since this is a 62 this one has been ³de-nonfinned² Someone had bondo¹d
a new rear taillight housing and what looks like 80¹s van tailights have
been retro fitted in. I took a second glace to notice it. At first I
thought it was a new model I didn¹t know about. Not a bad job or a
butchering.

Well anyways.. I asked how much they wanted for it and I was told ³1000². I
think this is a yard workers car..but im sure you could haggle.

Good luck.