Problems with Others on Site

As some of you may remember, I advertised for belt line rear window trim and clips for my 55 as I was planing on reworking this trim and/or replacing if what I hopefully bought was better. I received a reply from Ron Thruman in Texas with the message, Mike I have exactly what you want, $125.00. With some discussion about the center joining piece being included, I ordered the trim from Ron, cash in advance no negotiation. When it at last arrived, I opened the box and removed SS trim and it was nothing like I have seen before. I was amazed at its good condition, like new. I could not believe what I had received and actually took the trim and walked around my car thinking I am missing something here. I contacted Ron by email indicating there must be a mix up and suggesting he shipped me someone elses parts. Alas this was not the case, After more discussion I told Ron that what he sent did not belong to a 55 300 and that I was returning the trim. Ron replied stating the trim came from a New Yorker Sedan that he had consulted his parts book, that the numbers are the same and that a friend in Ohio with a 300 assured him that the trim on the two cars was identical. Ron refused to divulge the friend's name. Ron said a deal is a deal and he sent what I ordered so to bad!
After receiving the new rooster I see Ron is not a member and wonder what he is doing on the web site? It further points out what happens when we take for granted that we are talking to other members and not dishonest types eager top pedal their wares.
The intent is not to defame Ron whoever he is. I will never deal with him and will pursue a claim The intent is to point out the need to control use and to caution others to be sure you know the other person is a member and is likely to know what he is selling!