Rear Axle Bearings

Hi Group,

My experience with more than 30 older Mopars over my lifetime has been that the rear seals start leaking, which messes up the brake shoes, which leads to pulling the axles. It was such a pain on the hubs with tapered fits that I started replacing the wheel bearings with the "Green" type of bearing. I have never had a problem with the ball type bearing, nor a leak from the axle. The only hard part is that you have to remove the pumpkin and then remove the thrust pins, since the axles become free floating with the green bearings.

Regards,

Bill Huff