From: mr-320@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:mr-320@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 27, 2003 5:30 AM
To: John Hertog
Cc: William Huff; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Rear Axle Bearings - more info?

john and all;
       back in 72, when they first came out, i replaced the axle brgs.
on a 71 hemi gtx with the green full floating style and within 6 mos i
had one of them collapse completely. i retrofitted back to stock mopar
and havent tried them again since, havent had any trouble since either.
i presume its possible that there was just something wrong with the
individual brg, or the installation, but i doubt it, i think that the
tapered rollers are just a much stronger system, and i intend to stay
with them.
           for what it is worth!!!!!

                                                     JEFF
                                                      tucson az.