300C concept

For all 300 devotees!
I agree entirely with our member from Australia that we as a
group should send a message to Daimler-Chrysler that we hope fervently
that D.C. marketing would have the wisdom to name the next 300 the N.
Even Nissan named the new Z car the 350, they didn't go back to the 240!
Or just call it a 300 and give it a solid 300 horsepower engine! In the
day of political correctness I definitely think that this should be
acceptable to D.C. I still believe that the 300C concept is just being
used as a concept name to grab attention for nostalgia. I'm sure some of
our leaders know the movers and shakers at D.C. and could gently
communicate the concern of our members. Even Mercedes didn't come out
with another 190SL or call its diesels 220 or 300TD. I now can understand
how the owner of a '55 T-bird must have felt when Ford came out with the
new 2002.....sorry but my wife had to have one....the first vehicle in
our 28 year relationship that SHE voiced any desire for...so I bought the
first Ford I ever owned! Still this was a Thunderbird and not a
300C...there was an understandable generic legacy in the name. D.C.
could position themselves and market themselves well by giving the new
300 the muscle it deserves and appease us all by calling it a 300 or
300N....they still have 13 more model years to go through the alphabet!!
Rob Kern