starting after storage

suggestions please: when my 300g is not started for
long periods of time, i have to pump the gas SEVERAL
times for it to start. then of course i run into the
problem of fouled spark plugs. if the primed the carbs
instead, should i prime both carbs or just one. if
only one, which one should i do - by driver or
passenger side. to some of you, this probably sounds
like a dumb question. but i don't know.