reposting a 300-C question

paul holmgren wrote:

> Ok, according to the "Bible" I have a part that looks like it is for
> my car but it's not.

> To the Folks that have gone all out on a resto for the 57's, exactly
> what mufflers did you use??? ANY specifics would be appreciated!

Ok, I have been asked to be just a little bit more specific about this.
I am hoping that the folks that pursued this for "correctness" at least
found mufflers that have the correct inlet and outlets. Are the mufflers
you presume to be "correct" SONO-4X, SONO-6X, the "right" length, just
what length is the body on the ones you used, part numbers found on them,
if they have part numbers, if they have date codes, the usual little nitpicks,
do they at least have a little "rumble" to them, or are they quiet as a church
mouse?

Whew, not asking for much am I? :-)

Thanks All!

--