Re: [Chrysler300] Kevin Adams/ ripped off - reply

Re: [Chrysler300] Kevin Adams/ ripped off - reply

John,
Thanks for your explanation of the proper protocol on handling disagreements between club members. After reading it I am sorry I "popped off" and would like to retract my previous suggestion. {I wish I could delete it}.

What I suggested amounts to a form of vigilante justice and since this whole thing should be a private matter handled per club rules, I hope no one takes my suggestion seriously and starts cluttering this site with could be an honest difference of opinion.
After this I'll try to make sure my brain is in gear before I start revvin' my motor.
Okie Bob
John Hertog <crossram@xxxx> wrote:
Hi Larri,

Your e-mail merits a semi-official answer. Speaking as an officer of the
Club (but NOT on behalf of the other officers), here is what I have to say:

1/ You have made the on-line group aware of your disagreement with Kevin
Adams; since Kevin is also on the listserver, he will undoubtedly read your
note. Hopefully this will suffice to reestablish communications (privately)
between you two, and the difference can be resolved in a friendly manner, as
it should be.

2/ You ask: "What is the protocol as to recourse within the club if you feel
you've been
"ripped off" by a fellow member?" The answer is: under Article X of the
Club's Constitution, section 2 : "any individual member may prefer charges
against another member, specifying the particular acts complained of. All
charges must be made in writing and signed and sworn to by the complaining
member. All charges must be filed with the Secretary (Gloria Moon) and
entered in full in the minutes of a regular meeting of the General
Membership. ..... section 3 then states that the Exec. Com., with the
advise and consent of 2/3 majority of the members present at a business
meeting, can then impose penalties, uncluding fine, reprimand, suspension
and expulsion... etc...

Hope this answers your questions. Also hope that this matter will be
resolved amicably between you two. I am sure that you, Larri, will let us
all know the outcome, especially if it is a positive resolution of the
disagreement.

Sincerely

John Hertog