Bridgehampton Road Rally - Long Island NY - open to early 300's

Bridgehampton Road Rally - Long Island NY - open to early 300's

Hi to all,

This year, for the first time, the Bridgehampton Road Rally committee has
expanded the eligibility requirements to include sports cars built in or
before 1959. Therefore, if you own a C-300 , 300B, 300C, 300D, or 300E, you
can run in the Rally !

Now in its 11th year, the Bridgehampton Rally has grown increasingly
competitive. It is a time and distance event. The course uses public roads
complete with local traffic. Timing on each leg of the course is done to the
10th of each second. And often a few 10ths will decide the winner of a
timing leg! Entrants must be skilled in driving, map reading and timekeeping
to compete

There is a lot more information on the Rally's web site, at:
http://www.bridgehamptonrally.org/

Unfortunately, I do not own a pre-60 Chrysler 300; therefore John Doyle and
I, who both own 300G's, have run the Rally in previous years in a '31 Model
A Ford... and we have always had a great time. There are fantastic cars
entered every year (see pictures of previous Rallys on the Web site noted
above) . This year, Burt Levy (author of "The Last Open Road" - a great book
I recommend to anyone) will be driving in the Rally AND entertaining
participants afterwards.

This is a well-organized and fun event. If you own an eligible 300, and
would like to participate, please e-mail me directly, or fill out the
application on the Rally's site and send it in. I'd love to see a 300 run
in the Rally this year... There are only 40 entrants to be chosen among the
applicants, so please contact me soon...

Sincerely,

John Hertog
Sag Harbor NY