Fuel Sender Resistance

I've got a '64 300 with a gremlin in the gas gauge or the sending unit. I suspect that I have a bum fuel tank sending unit. With the wire to the sending unit removed at the tank, the gauge reads empty. With it hooked up the gauge reads hard pegged past full. Does anybody know the resistance values that would indicate for instance a half tank condition? I'd like to throw in a resistor to verify that the problem is indeed in the sending unit. The service manual only mentions a tester, no resistance values given.

Is there a source for replacement sending units? (Either NOS or aftermarket) Or does anybody know of a repair facility that I can send mine to?

Thanks,

Terry Lynch
'64 300 Sport
St. Pete, FL.