The Dayton meet.

I'm a recent joiner to the club (1 year ago), and I'd really like to get to the Dayton meeting. But work is demanding, and I really won't know if I can make it for sure until the last minute. Looks pretty good at the moment, but things can change quickly. It will probably just be for part of Friday and Saturday anyway. But I'm only about 350 miles away, and with it that close, I'd hate to miss.

So I'm wondering: I'm single, and very easy to get along with. If anybody comes up short for a roommate, or long on sleeping space at the last minute, and wouldn't mind taking in a nearly complete stranger with excellent taste in motor cars, I'd appreciate it if you would let me know. And if there's a highlight of the meeting I really shouldn't miss, then let me know when that is.

I don't have any cars in good shape to bring, but I do have pictures. Sigh! On the other hand, I'd really like to sell one of my '55 C300's and if there's anybody going to the meet who really wants it, I could possibly be persuaded to trailer it up. Considering the price of gas, and the fact that I'll really have to thrash my Wagoneer through West Virginia to do that, I'm not planning to bring it just on sheer speculation. I'll say up front it's a real project car, and I've put a chunky price on it ($5500.00). But if I knew it was going to a good home and was being replaced with cold hard currency, I could probably be talked down.

So, talk amongst yourselves on that, too, and email me if you're interested and I'll decide if it's worth bringing.

Thomas