Long Ram Score!

I just picked up a set of long rams today. I went to an informal cruise-in in Roanoke, VA, and just as I was leaving a white 300K couple drove up. I nearly fell over! What's more, he told me about a local towing service that had a set of rams. The towing service was just a few blocks away. He gave me the name and I called them up, struck a deal, and walked away with them today. Whew! At the rate people have been throwing parts at me, I'll have the restoration done in a couple of months!

Incidentally, his 300K is for sale, and it's a fantastic original. The(red) interior is nearly perfect. Single carb. No rust. If I could repay him by getting his car sold, I'd be happy. I'll supply his name and phone to anybody who wants it.

Looking for some info on the rams, too. All I got were the rams themselves. No carbs, and just a few pieces of linkage. I could use a little education here.

The fellow I got them from is going to check for a couple of date-coded carbs, so I don't think I'll need them. But you could let me know what kind of carbs should be on them. Apparently it's a spread-bore carb, judging by the holes.

These rams have the carb return spring anchor mounted on the ram. The balance tube across them is missing, but that's just a rubber hose? Right? Or is the rubber hose just a joint and I'm really missing a metal pipe?

I'm obviously missing something at the flange where it mounts to the head between the pipes. Is that the exhaust heat riser stuff? Is that the part J.C. is reproducing? And is that a single piece that goes from the head to the base where the carb mounts? Or is it multiple pieces?

Finally, the carb mounting bolts look like they'd fight to the death before they came out. Galvanic reaction and all that. One's bent, too. The seller told me to heat the aluminum with a propane torch, then let it cool, and they'd come right out. That good advice? Any other precautions I should take before I remove them? Will soaking in Blaster do anything since this isn't strictly a rust problem?

Anybody with an actual car is welcome to send photos. And the factory color for a '64 is turquoise, right? These are unpainted aluminum, and look like they've been stripped, or were never painted. That possible?

Confidential to Gil: if I put these on my car, would you please not tell anyone they're not correct? Can we keep that to ourselves? Please?

Thanks,
Thomas