4spd F folders

Howdy Y'all,

The limited printing folder which shows a dark colored 4spd 300F convertible on its cover was produced for three auto shows and with the discontinuation of the offering of the 4spd / 400HP package, the folder was also discontinued. There are actually 3 versions of the folder carrying different info in one "box" regarding F facts or dealers depending on the city where it was available at the show.

As Gil Cunningham has told me, the presence of the 4spd shifter in the photo was done with photo touch-up by Chrysler's photography department and that is why there are also torqueflite push buttons barely visible in the photo as well as no clutch pedal, particularly with a magnifying glass. So, this is not a "real" 4spd F convertible in a dark color. It is actually a retouched photo of "just another" F torqueflite convertible. There remains throughout history and to date only one 4spd / 400HP F convertible and it is white.

So John Cote, check your barn again, as I was in there just a week ago taking notes on your stick shift 390HP 300C phaeton. I think you will find that those darn raccoons did more than just get into the F; they very selectively chewed on the stick shift, the clutch linkage, the short rams, the headers, and that big old Pont-a-Mousson trans and left you with a car you are going to have a very hard time documenting at this point.

Anyone else believing they have a 4spd F out back, please call me.

Wayne