Re: [Chrysler300] Fuel gauge problem

(i'm not sure that the message goes through, Dan has an "aol" adress and aol doesn't "like" my provider so i send to the whole list)
Hi,
I think you must use the same wire as on "power resistor": these resistors use some "resistor wire" (don't know the correct word..) and the wire is "coiled" on the support; the thinest (and longest) you have, the much resistance you have. I remember that when i works on electronic kits (it was 10 or 15 years ago !) i made some resistors like that when i can't find the correct value. I bought at an electronic shop this "resistor wire" (the seller must tell you what is the resistance / foot ) and then you wind this wire on an insulator support (or on the air if the wire is enough large).
About the gauge you must know what is the correct resistance of the full coil. I 've measured mine some years ago (don't know if '57 gauges are the same) so i can tell you (tomorrow !) the resistance.

--

Philippe COURANT (Pau, France)- Webmaster des sites ACCF et C-I-F
Imperial 1957 Crown convertible

- American Car Club de France (ACCF) : http://www.accf.com

- Chrysler Imperial France (C-I-F) : http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f

- Cadillac " Standard of Excellence " : http://www.ifrance.com/accf-cad