Fw: 300C Front Brakes (take six)

----- Original Message -----
From: Mark Schueller
To: Chrysler 300 Club
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 6:29 PM
Subject: 300C Front Brakes (take six)

Greetings Chrysler 300 Club Members:

My 300C no longer pulls to the left when braking and the right front brake no longer locks up when coming to a dead stop! What a joy! To this I say THANK YOU to the many club members that answered my emails with suggestions for help. I would particularly like to thank George McKovich who had the spare parts and could let them go. He took the time to take them off a vehicle, clean them up, and mail them to me for the cost of postage!

The New Yorker right front dust shield and brake support plate bolted right up (after cleaning and painting) and everything else fit perfectly. The New Yorker brake support plate is slightly different in appearance looking more like "normal duty" than the "heavy duty" looking 300C plate. The concealed spring link on the 300C brake support plate bent causing my problem and my bet is there is nothing heavy duty about this spring. It's probably the same as the New Yorker piece.

I am very happy to be beyond this problem. My first project after taking the car from storage next year will be to get the brake pedal up where it belongs. Until then, I'll dream sweet dreams about driving my 300C.

Sincerely,

Mark Schueller