Re: [Chrysler300] K on ebay

Hi All and Happy New Year!
I think the "delete" name was more of a flag than anything else. Gil would
maybe be the last word on this, as he worked there then. But, if you didn't
want something it was a "delete", even if it wasen't standard equiptment,
because they had to do something unusuall as it was built. Every car coming
down the line got a heater, so it would have been a problem for the heater
instsaller guy if there wasen't one to be put in. Also they had special
parts just for that choice. So the part books would have things listed as
Delete to seperate them from all the normal parts.

Don Rook has a 66 300 3 speed column shift Conv which is a total delete car,
with the only thing extra above the base price (which was never sold) is the
turn siginal light package with the fender top lights, or a clock.
Whichever, only 1 option, and it didn't make much sense. It may have a
heater, I don't remember. But I'm sure the "radio delete" dash panel cost
more than the radio that was left out. It was diecast and polished, and
completes the dash ribs right across wher the radio would have been. If they
gave the buyer the radio, they'ed have been ahead.
--
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas