[no subject]

Hi Group,

I have a 70 300 vert that is slowly going back on the road. It has been sitting under dry shelter for about 2 years. I have now discovered the vinyl dash pad has a thick greasy coating on it. It is transparent but sticky. I have tried alcohol and then some enamel thinner on it, but it doesn't take all of the coating off, although it is less sticky. I am leery of using stronger solvents. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any solutions? Oh yes, I live in Florida, so there was humidity to consider, but I kept Damp-Rid in the car to lower humidity.

Same car, a previous repaint has left some of the underhood rubber with overspray. Any hints on how to remove the paint and restore the original flat black surface of the rubber?

Thanks,

Bill Huff