Re: [Chrysler300] Crankcase venilation on C-300 and 300 B

Re: [Chrysler300] Crankcase venilation on C-300 and 300 B

In a message dated 3/1/2004 6:23:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
d.verity@xxxx writes:

> I'm sure our head judge Gil Cunninham can clear this up better, but from
> what I understand, any type of equipment that the car DID NOT come with when
> it was built will have points deducted of in concours judging. The people
> who volunteer to have their cars judged this way should be prepared to have
> points deducted for non-stock items. This would include disc brake
> conversions, tires, seat belts (I'm really not sure how the club has been
> treating this one), engine swaps, electronic ignition, color changes, and on
> and on. This has been argued over extensively in the past and there is no
> point in starting it up again. If you want to modify your car and drive it
> the way it was meant, enter it in peoples choice. Concours is for factory
> correct cars, that are usually not driven extensively.
> 300ly,
> Don in RI

Thanks Don, for your explanation. Well said. The only clarification needed
is on the seatbelt question. Belts in good condition, of acceptable design
receive no points deduction. ("Unacceptable design" might mean push button
release with GM logo, for example). Additionally, we do not deduct points for
tires of the correct size, construction, and whitewall width. We do provide
minimal bonus points for Blue Streaks in acceptable condition. This has occured
on rare occasions---last Fall Meet being the most recent. Concours cars are
intended to be judged, to the best of our ability, on the basis of how they were
constructed when new. 300ly, Gil Cunningham