Heel plates in K's and 66 300's

Greetings all! (and this is a letter car inquiry)

Today I found a 66 300 two door hardtop in our yard that has/had (I pulled them out) floor heel plates identical to the ones in all my K's. One reason I pulled them out was I wanted to see if they were added in by some owner, or if they were factory installed. What I found was on the driver side, there is a small "transition" piece between the K style plate and the gas pedal. The transition pieces is similar to a "normal" heel plate in the Non-Letter cars in that it is of the same material and make up of the standard heel plate, but it was formed to fit the K style plate and ended at the front edge of it, definitely factory made, making it about three inches wide. ( The other reason I pulled them was I was looking for good floor panels, so the carpet had to come out anyway)
My question is this- Was the K style heel plate a little checked off option? Was it part of a special option group? I do not have a 66 factory parts catalog to look them up in. The 66 in question was equipped with power buckets(vinyl) am search tune radio, auto on the floor w/console, No a/c, power windows, rear defroster, 440, ps, power discs, so you can see it was dressed up fairly well. I have not seen these in another 66 300. If these were available in 66 it would be another place for K owners to look for better heel plates for their K's. Any one have a answer? Thanks, Joe Pierce Whitehall, Mt. 300Kx3+M+others