Re: [Chrysler300] 390hp 300C Road test car?

Re: [Chrysler300] 390hp 300C Road test car?

In 1958, I was living in Levittown, PA. I don't remember the make of pursuit
car used on the Pennsy Turnpike, but I had first-hand experience with a
trooper on the Jersey Turnpike. Driving with a bit of alacrity (in my 1954
Chrysler New Yorker Deluxe) returning from NYC, I was stopped by a trooper
driving a 1957 or 58 Saratoga. Not only was I stopped, but I was given a
ride to the local magistrate. Despite being agitated at being stopped, the
ride in the Saratoga was very exciting. I remember watching the speedometer
as we sped at over 100 MPH to the nearest town.

Jack