Re: [Chrysler300] judging

is this judging form sort of like a check list ? i didnt see it on the website anywhere. assuming i didnt miss it, would there be any chance of posting it so a person could follow it as he was doing restoration. pat grant
----- Original Message -----
From: lettercars@xxxx
To: meisnerinc@xxxx ; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] judging

In a message dated 3/2/2004 11:54:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
meisnerinc@xxxx writes:

> Hi Club;
>
> Forgive me for being a fool . Would someone in the club , preferably judges
> answer these questions.
> (1) what does a concourse car , represent . how is it judged . what are the
> marks for each section. what forms the deductions for a 300 letter car.
>
> (2) What constitutes a peoples choice award . what are the judging
> parameters . again what are the deductions .
>
> (3) are there classes at the meets for people such as myself, who drive our
> cars as much as possible . Last year seven thousand miles after June 24th.
> till October 30th ( winter in Canada )

Hi Ben and All:
Sorry for the little delay in answering your questions re: concours and
people's choice.

1. Concours cars are judged on the basis of authenticity---ie., how
they came from the
factory, and of course quality of restoration. Any deviation from
that baseline
results in some points deduction. Cars are judged in four
classes, C300, 300B;
300C-E; F-H; and J-L. There is also a Hurst Class. Each car is
judged in five
areas: Engine compartment; Interior; Body Exterior and Luggage
Compartment;
Exterior Ornamentation; and Underbody. The judging form used is
objective, with
areas to be assessed and allowable range of deductions enumerated.
Judge-hours
spent on each vehicle probably averages about 2.5.

2. People's choice is just that: People at the meet vote for their
favorite car. Really
no rules, except it must be a lettercar or a Hurst. The classes
are a little different
than for concours, and there are no deductions.

3. There is no "Daily Driver" or similar class/competition.

Hope this answers your questions. 300ly, Gil Cunningham