From: "Russ Vaughan" <Pacesetter300@xxxx>
To: "Vath, Michael J." <mjvath@xxxx>
Cc: <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 9:34 AM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] motor/trans swaps - mount locations

Mike,

Using the '61 mounts, the engine should go in fine. There is a
difference in the oil pan, pretty sure that needs to be changed to the
earlier style.
I think you're going to have trouble with the transmission. There's no
way I know of to convert it to pushbutton shift. Easiest way out would
be to use a '62 transmission. You might think of upgrading the rear
brakes to Bendix at the same time, they have a provision for eBrake.
That would allow a '63 or '64 transmission by some minor fabricating of
eBrake cables and brackets. I'm sure John & Don will chime in as both
their G's have (or had) 440's in them.

300ly

Russ Vaughan

"Vath, Michael J." <mjvath@xxxx> wrote:
Good mornin' & happy Spring.
I wondered if anyone had done a driveline swap in a '61 - dropping-in a
later engine & trans combo?

If so, are motor & trans mount locations the same in later 383/440 cars?
I'd
like to combine a '67 440 driveline with a 300G shell.

Other than adapting the shifter mechanism & e-brake, is it a bolt-in
application? Are there pre-fab kits available for joining the
push-button
shift?

Many thanks.

For list server instructions, go to