From: Rich Barber [mailto:barber@xxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 1:11 PM
To: Chrysler 300 Club
Cc: Jerry
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] My C300

300 Club Members:

Some of you may be of great service to Jerry Browarski and me. I live
in CA, Jerry lives in FL and he has a platinum white C300 for sale in
MI, near Ann Arbor. I am very interested in the car and Jerry has been
very forthright in describing the car's condition and history. Jerry
mentioned that some club members and officers had seen and inspected the
car but he does not remember your names. He suggested this group
mailing to the club to see if any of you remember Jerry and his car and
would be willing to share observations and opinions that might serve to
increase my comfort level with a long distance purchase. Jerry advises
the engine has been replaced with another 331 (are all 331 blocks the
same or are the 3NE55 blocks special or beefed up for 300's?). It has
the dual quads and correct batwing air cleaner. Interior has been
replaced after previous possible track service. Seats are red and
white. 4 wire wheels in need of refurbishment. Pictures of car look
pretty good.

I'm not looking for a concours candidate, but would prefer a more
original vehicle to start my 300 project with.

If the deal does go through, I will need a transporter. Can anyone
recommend a safe, reliable transporter and nominal pricing from MI to
central CA (30 mi W. of Stockton)? I'd fly there and drive it back,
but a 2,500 mile trip in an unknown 50-year old vehicle may be more
adventure than I need.

Below is a copy of Jerry's recent email to the club. Your observations,
opinions and assistance would be greatly appreciated. The car might be
viewed at its storage place near Sterling Heights, MI, about 25 mi north
of Detroit.

MoPa'r to ya,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA

I haven't yet gotten my C300 sold and I need to do that ASAP. Club members
have told me the car is worth around $20,000 and I've had a fellow who is a
professional classic cars estimator tell me the car is worth at least
$18,500.

Since I moved to Florida and left the car with my friend in Michigan
to get it sold, the best offer I've gotten is $15,000. I assume that when
the weather
warms up it may get a better offer but I need the cash ASAP. If any of you
match
that offer it's yours. Including my purchase price back in late summer of
'98 I've
invested right around $25,000 into it mostly for mechanical work. The
majority of
the receipts are in the glove box of the car. It needs some body work on
the
passenger side and could use a paint job. The two door windows have cracks
in them but my buddy is having them replaced very shortly. I have pictures
of the
car that I took in spring of 2003. They're on a website. If you're
interested, email
me and I'll send you the address and inform you of all the work I've had
done to
the car and what it yet needs.

Jerry Browarski

For list server instructions, go to