From: Ray Jones [mailto:hurst300@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 12:06 PM
To: Wayne Graefen
Cc: Intl 300
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] halogen lights and electricals

Amperage can be a big problem in electrics, be they Automotive or
anything else. Used in all modern cars, they can be adopted to our uses
easily.
So, for those who do not understand what a relay is, here's how they
work:
  To avoid having a big draw (amperage) go thru a switch and/or a
harness, you add a relay. This uses a small amount of current from a
switch to move a large amount of current to a motor or suchlike. The
relay is wired to the Battery with heavy wire and then to the device
that needs the power. When you turn on the switch, a wire from a switch
carries a small amount of current to the relay which closes the contact
between the Battery and the device, supplying a larger amount of
current to do the work.

'Thanks & Giving.'