Re: [Chrysler300] halogen lights and electricals

Re: [Chrysler300] halogen lights and electricals

Rich and All,

The 6 volt cars will require a 6 volt relay but because they are sold in
minuscule quantities compared to the 12 volt relay, they are three times
the cost.  Also, they don't have a mounting tab so they will have to be
attached to some other component.  The 6 volt kit (model HLR6V) is $17.
I suggest one for high beam and a second one for low beam (two per car),
however, just using one for high beam only will definitely reduce the
load on the light switch.

As general information for everyone, I didn't plan to mount the relays to
a panel because individual relays will be less visible.  If anyone
requires a panel mount I will have to do a prototype to establish a
price.

You can use these relays for any high amperage demand device such as the
AC/heater motor, electric rear window defroster, AC compressor clutch,
fog lamps, etc.  After the starter, headlights are probably the greatest
load in our cars..

You could use 4 relays, one each for high beam and low beam, on each side
of the car, particularly those that have quad headlights.  However, I
think one for each function is plenty.

To clarify for everyone, a minimum of two relays will be required to
control both high and low beam functions for each car.  That price will
be $24 for 12 volt, and $34 for 6 volt, and I suspect that $5 will mail
them anywhere in the continental US.  For off shore shipping I will work
on a case by case basis.  I hope I have answered most questions.  Thank
you.

Model HLR12V   $12 ea. + $5 for Postage.
Model HLR6V     $17 ea. + $5 for postage.

Address for checks:

Marshall Larson
15747 Ronneby Rd. NE
Foley, MN  56329-8201

Minnesota Marshall
Red G,  27 & 28 Dodge Brothers

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:22:12 -0800 Rich Barber <barber@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
> MN Marshall:
>
> Dumb ?'s of the day:  Would this relay work on my 6-volt 1955 C-300?
>  It
> soul use more firepower up front and I like the idea of relays.
>
> Does your design use one, two or 4 relays for the headlights?
>
> Rich Barber
> Brentwood, CA-west of Stockton
> 1955 CCC
>
> Marshall R Larson wrote:
>
> >I have 40 amp Bosch relays that I use to build my Magnetic Sentinel
> anti
> >theft devices.  I would be happy to make up a relay kit with
> relay,
> >socket, connectors, wires, and instructions for $12 ea. plus
> postage.
> >The relay has an integral mounting tab that makes it easy to
> solidly
> >attach it.
> >
> >Also, I have received only one request for the NALGEN squeeze
> bottle for
> >brake fluid.  I guess I won't be ordering any.
> >
> >Minnesota Marshall
> >Red G,  27 & 28 Dodge Brothers

'Thanks & Giving.'