[Chrysler300] Why Are Our Letter Cars Going Up In Value?

[Chrysler300] Why Are Our Letter Cars Going Up In Value?

Hi to all,

Why Are Our Letter Cars Going Up In Value?

This is an editorial. Only my opinion...

This is not a great mystery question of life. There are many reasons why
letter cars are valuable and these reasons are obvious to you all. That is
why you belong to this particular Club and celebrate these "Beautiful
Brutes".

But recently, there are two additional main reasons driving their values up.

Bob Brown alluded to the first reason in his recent post:
"The old saying that a rising tide raises all ships---is true.  Chrysler 300
fin cars are the rarest of the rare as we all know."
Collectibles are up since other investments are generally down. It also
doesn't hurt to have the magical words and numbers "Hemi" and "300"
associated with real nice products that are driving sales for D-Chrysler in
today's market place.

The second reason is a testimony to the Chrysler 300 Club International, Inc
and the "due diligence" of its officers over the past fifteen or more years.
Especially George Riehl.

John Nowosacki recently posted and spoke "to the 'car bubble' of about
1989". When this occurred, counterfeiters cloned letter cars, especially
convertibles, and were selling them for $125K and more.

During this time, George et. al. fought the good fight against these
forgers. While leading the way, they took some arrows in the back but kept
right on fighting.

Letter car convertibles were being sold thru auctions, classic car retailers
and private sales. Some of these clones still show up from time to time and
are sold to the uninformed.

As of a few years ago, "cloned" letter car convertibles were selling for 25K
and the collectors, of the world, thought that the real cars were selling
for these low numbers thus dragging down the value of the real cars.

This Club, with its registries and research based upon Chrysler
documentation, with the selfless help and cooperation of Gloria and Gil help
identify original letter cars. Past and present officers and directors have
and will continue to provide this wonderful service to the collectors and
drivers of these wonderful letter classics.

They are "Dueseys". I mean the cars.

With that said, Barrett-Jackson now pre investigates and will only accept
letter cars with proper identification. That is in large part to the efforts
of this Club.

Maybe that is why a couple of finned letter cars sold for 200K each this
time around.

Respectfully submitted,
Tony Rinaldi
300-F Conv't