[Chrysler300] HURST gold paint

I've painted a few Hursts over the years. At one point I had a PPG rep examine the the paint cause I wanted to know why the gold on Hursts seems to prematurely fade. He said the Cadillac Sauterne mist metallic was designed to be a two part paint - base coat clear coat style 1970 vintage. He said the particular cars I had were not painted with the second coat which was basically  the protective coat. He supplied the correct two parts for my car which appeared correct when the first coat was applied, but the second coat slightly altered the shade a bit. I know there are original paint cars out there that have not faded - we surmised that maybe some WERE painted with the two coat process before they decided just doing the one step would be quicker and cheaper. I'm no paint expert - supposedly the PPG guy was - I'm just passing on what i was told.

Jeff Miklas

'Thanks & Giving.'